db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Problem with MBean user/ password example on Wiki page (non-JRMP server at remote endpoint)
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2008 15:58:31 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:
> John H. Embretsen wrote:
>> Hmm, I don't see anything obviously wrong. If it works with JConsole
>> and the exact same server configuration, it is certainly strange.
>> Perhaps some of the troubleshooting tips (JMX logging, security debug
>> traces) described on the wiki might reveal more hints? If you're using
>> e.g. IBM's JVM that may have something to do with it as well.
>>
> For this part I am testing with the Sun JDK 1.6 just to remove that as a
> variable.  Turning on logging, and running without security manager
> seemed to have no effect.  I think I'll leave it alone for a while and
> come back to it as I am pretty stuck.

For what it's worth, I am able to reproduce it using your command lines. So far
it seems like it has to do with how the server is started/configured, and not
the client. The strange thing is I have a script with (seemingly) the same
options, only in slightly different order and using different classpath etc,
which works with your client code. I'll try to take a closer look tomorrow.

--
John