db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "John H. Embretsen" <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Problem with MBean user/ password example on Wiki page (non-JRMP server at remote endpoint)
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:47:35 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:
>   I am trying to follow the example to connect to the MBean server
> programatically with password, but have thus far not been able to get it
> to work.

[snip]
> I run my program like:
> java -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=clientTrustStore.key
> -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=derbym
> -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore=clientKeyStore.key
> -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=derbym MbeanProgramSSL
>

> The exception I get is:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Failed to retrieve
> RMIServer stub: javax.naming.CommunicationException [
> Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectIOException: non-JRMP server at remote
> endpoint]
[snip]
> I was able to connect with SSL user/password with JConsole but just
> can't seem to get it working programatically.  Any idea what I am doing
> wrong?

Hmm, I don't see anything obviously wrong. If it works with JConsole and
the exact same server configuration, it is certainly strange. Perhaps
some of the troubleshooting tips (JMX logging, security debug traces)
described on the wiki might reveal more hints? If you're using e.g.
IBM's JVM that may have something to do with it as well.

Sorry for not being able to help more...

--
John