db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Thank you students
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 16:48:59 GMT
Udai Gupta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would continue working with ASF Derby as I started my open source
> experience from derby, and Dev group is very responsive.

This is great news Udai.  I see you assigned to DERBY-209 so assume an
interest in network server testing.  Perhaps as a start you might want
to work on converting the network server tests to JUnit.  You can find
the list at
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ClientJunitTestConversion.

You might want to start with executeUpdate.java as a simple test to
convert.  Just file a Jira for it and link it from the page above.
 See the other JUnit pages for tips on getting started.
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/KillDerbyTestHarness
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ConvertOldTestToJunitTips

Kathey