db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Thank you students
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 05:09:47 GMT
I wanted to send a quick note to thank all of the students who applied
for Google Summer of Code this year.  We had 17 applications and ended
up with only three slots, so it was sad to see so many quality
candidates be left out.  I appreciate all the effort that went into
every application and also into engaging with the Derby community in
preparation.  I hope some of you will still decide to continue with the
Derby community.  I think you will find the community responsive and
supportive and the experience, I think, will be rewarding even outside
the Google SOC framework. Please feel free to contact the list if you
have any questions about Derby or help with choosing next tasks and
thank you again.

Kathey