db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Forrest trouble
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 19:02:17 GMT
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've started updating the download page in my website sandbox to prepare
> for the coming release. For now I have created 10.4.x.y.{cgi,html} and
> updated dowloads.xml to refer to the cgi script, and conf/cli.xconf to
> refer to the html (as the Wiki says). But when I run 'forrest site' only the
> cgi gets copied to build/site.
>
> I have not run 'svn add' on the files yet (don't want to do that until
> I'm sure what the new final version is). Could that be causing the
> problem?

Hi Dyre,

You may be running into the problem described in item (b) of the section
titled "Create a page for the release, build/update site" in the release
instructions:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySnapshotOrRelease#head-60891cacca1830fb413f25400647daa1436c21df

This is a Forrest bug: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-480 The
release instructions summarize the problem this way: "the release page
will be built into your $FORREST_HOME/main/site directory. You will need
to copy it to the build directory."

Regards,
-Rick