db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject running unit tests on IBM Java 6 on Ubuntu 7
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 17:26:06 GMT
I am trying to run unit tests on the IBM Java 6 platform on Ubuntu 7. I
notice that this combination is not recorded in our list of "known good"
platforms: http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/PlatformTestsDerby However, I
suspect that that page is not kept up-to-date and someone is probably
successfully testing on this combination. I am seeing JMX related
errors. Any advice would be appreciated. Here's what I'm seeing. Thanks-Rick

There were 3 errors:
1)
noSpecialCollation(org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.TableFunctionTest)java.lang.InternalError:

Failed to get bean info.
   at gnu.javax.management.Server.checkSecurity(libgcj.so.81)
   at gnu.javax.management.Server.getAttribute(libgcj.so.81)
   at javax.management.MBeanServerFactory.createMBeanServer(libgcj.so.81)
   at javax.management.MBeanServerFactory.createMBeanServer(libgcj.so.81)
   at
java.lang.management.ManagementFactory.getPlatformMBeanServer(libgcj.so.81)
   at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.jmx.JMXManagementService$1.run(Unknown
Source)
   at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.jmx.JMXManagementService$1.run(Unknown
Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(libgcj.so.81)
   at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.jmx.JMXManagementService.findServer(Unknown
Source)
   at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.jmx.JMXManagementService.boot(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.boot(Unknown
Source)
   at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.TopService.bootModule(Unknown Source)
   at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.startModule(Unknown
Source)
   at
org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.startSystemModule(Unknown
Source)
   at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.runWithState(Unknown
Source)
   at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.FileMonitor.<init>(Unknown
Source)
   at
org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.startMonitor(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.iapi.jdbc.JDBCBoot.boot(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver.boot(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(libgcj.so.81)
   at java.lang.Class.forName(libgcj.so.81)
   at java.lang.Class.forName(libgcj.so.81)
   at
org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.DriverManagerConnector.loadJDBCDriver(DriverManagerConnector.java:143)
   at
org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.DriverManagerConnector.openConnection(DriverManagerConnector.java:72)
   at
org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.DriverManagerConnector.openConnection(DriverManagerConnector.java:43)
   at
org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.TestConfiguration.openDefaultConnection(TestConfiguration.java:1312)
   at
org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseJDBCTestCase.openDefaultConnection(BaseJDBCTestCase.java:411)
   at
org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseJDBCTestCase.getConnection(BaseJDBCTestCase.java:101)
   at
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.TableFunctionTest.setUp(TableFunctionTest.java:871)
   at
org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestCase.runBare(BaseTestCase.java:101)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: getMBeanInfo
   at java.lang.Class.getMethod(libgcj.so.81)
   at gnu.javax.management.Server.checkSecurity(libgcj.so.81)
   ...40 more
2) TableFunctionTest:territory=enjava.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(libgcj.so.81)
   at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDataSource.findDriver(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDataSource.getConnection(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDataSource.getConnection(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.Decorator$2.setUp(Decorator.java:185)
   at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:20)
   at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:25)
   at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestSetup.run(BaseTestSetup.java:57)
   at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:24)
   at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:21)
   at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:25)
   at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestSetup.run(BaseTestSetup.java:57)
   at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:24)
   at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:21)
   at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:25)
3) TableFunctionTest:territory=enjava.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(libgcj.so.81)
   at java.lang.Class.forName(libgcj.so.81)
   at java.lang.Class.forName(libgcj.so.81)
   at
org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.DriverManagerConnector.loadJDBCDriver(DriverManagerConnector.java:143)
   at
org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.DriverManagerConnector.openConnection(DriverManagerConnector.java:72)
   at
org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.DriverManagerConnector.openConnection(DriverManagerConnector.java:47)
   at
org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.TestConfiguration.openConnection(TestConfiguration.java:1341)
   at
org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.DropDatabaseSetup.tearDown(DropDatabaseSetup.java:54)
   at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:22)