db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Changes to the release process?
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 15:43:05 GMT
Thanks for this analysis, Dyre. I agree that we should not create extra
release steps this late in the process.

I agree that in the future, it would be great to garner more user
feedback on vetted beta distributions. I recommend that we look outside
the  Derby community for examples of how other open source projects
gather this feedback.

In general, the scope of release testing seems to be narrowing. We seem
to be on a downward trajectory in terms of the buddy testing which we
are seeing on our releases. Here are the buddy testing pages from the
past several releases:

10.2: http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoBuddyTesting

10.3: http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenThreeBuddyTesting

10.4: http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenFourBuddyTesting