db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dyre Tjeldvoll <Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE CANCELLED] 10.4.1.1 release candidate
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 20:37:49 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> On 4/11/08, Dyre.Tjeldvoll@sun.com <Dyre.Tjeldvoll@sun.com> wrote:

[snip]

>>
> I too had understood a Release Candidate to become a Release once approved.
> 
> Now that there is a plan for a new release candidate, I think maybe
> the javadoc should be fixed?
> There are the following errors:

> 
> Also, I'd like to see if 1 test bug can be backported that I ran into
> when I ran with weme6.1 (i.e. using IBM's JSR169 implementation):
> DERBY-3548 (fixed in 10.5) I just may not have time to look at it further today.
> 

Ok, maybe I shouldn't be rushing this. Originally I was planning to spin 
the new RC over the weekend, but maybe I rather should spend that time 
merging stuff over and fixing the javadoc. Perhaps a new candidate can 
be spun on Monday or something.

I do feel that there is a certain element of urgency here, for a number 
of reasons:
  - A new feature release is overdue (release early, release often)
  - We have a number of new features that we want to put into user's hands
  - Delaying long would be unfair to those who got their stuff pushed 
out to 10.5 before the feature freeze
  - For personal reasons, I cannot continue as release manager indefinitely


Thanks,

Dyre

Mime
View raw message