db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Helping new people getting started.
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 18:44:21 GMT
Svein Erik Reknes Løvland wrote:
> Hi,
>
> me and Henrik would like to help the new people if they have any
> difficulties when starting working on Derby. We'll mainly be available
> on IRC 8:00-14:00 GMT and try to answer any questions we're able to.
> Perhaps we can find something that will make starting working on Derby
> easier.
Thanks Svein and Henrik for the offer of help. In addition to practical
advice getting started, it would be great if you could test drive some
of the patches as they show up.  It makes it a lot easier for committers
and more expedient for contributors  if someone has already tried out
the patch, reviewed it  and run tests by the time a commiter picks it up.

See the Jira filter below for a list of current patches.  Right now we
look pretty caught up on the newcomer issues, but I think more patches
will be coming in soon.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=10594&status=1&status=3&status=4&customfield_12310090=Patch+Available&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=updated&sorter/order=DESC

Kathey