db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.4.1.1 release candidate
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 10:14:59 GMT
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:
> Please test and vote on the 10.4.1.1 release candidate, available at:

FYI, I forgot to backport DERBY-3571 to the 10.4 branch before the
release candidate was produced. This is the patch fixing an out of
memory error on the server when using the client driver.
The bug kicks in when/if:
  * the client driver is used
  * a select returning LOB columns is performed
  * the user iterates through the result set *without* accessing the LOB
columns
  * autocommit is off, and the user does not commit often

My opinion is that this bug is not severe enough to make a new release
candidate, but others are of course free to disagree and act based on
their own opinions.

I just backported the fix to 10.4.1.2, so it will be included in the
next update release or release candidate.

sorry for the inconvenience,
--
Kristian