db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Problems with ant genchanges
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 20:04:58 GMT
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:
> I can't seem to get the ant genchanges target to produce a meaningful
> CHANGES.html. I think I'm feeding it the same fixedBugsList.xml that I
> used for the release notes, but the resulting CHANGES.html only contains
> six issues. (fixedBugsList.xml contains more than 100...)
>
> Any ideas...?

Hi Dyre,

I'm afraid I can't be very helpful here. I don't know how to generate an
xml report from a JIRA filter anymore. I thought that I would get an XML
report by clicking on "XML" in the Issue Navigator box after running the
filter. That, however, merely generated an xhtml version of the report
and not the version containing the tags expected by the
ChangesFileGenerator program. How are you generating an XML report?

One thing to look out for is this: ChangesFileGenerator seems to throw
away all issues which are marked as fixed in previous releases. That is,
ChangesFileGenerator is only trying to list the changes which JIRA says
are specific to 10.4.1.0. I (sort of randomly) sampled 3 issues visible
through your "Derby 10.4 Fixed Bugs" filter and noticed that they are
all marked with 10.3 as one of the "Fix Version" releases. This could be
short-circuiting your run of genchanges.

Another thing to look out for is this: It appears to me that
ChangesFileGenerator was custom-built for 10.3. In particular, there is
code in makeJiraIssue() which seems specific to 10.3. Myrna may be able
to shed more light on this topic.

Hope this helps,
-Rick