db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dyre Tjeldvoll <Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 10.4 Release Notes
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 18:02:53 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> Hi Dyre,
>
> I have fixed most of these issues as follows:
>
> DERBY-3073: I unchecked the "Existing Application Impact" and "Release
> Note Needed" because this work has been disabled on the 10.4 branch,.
>
> DERBY-2925: I renamed the release note to be "releaseNote.html", which
> is the file name expected by the release notes generator.
>
> DERBY-2351: I fixed some markup which choked the xml parser.

Thanks Rick :) I didn't mean to dump "boring release manager tasks" in
your lap. I was just hoping to engage those who have written release
notes before I started hacking them myself.

> The remaining issue in your list is DERBY-3023. There may be some
> confusion here. In previous releases, we only expected to see release
> notes for issues which had "Release Note Needed". This issue does not
> have that box marked and the issue doesn't have a release note. However,
> looking at the description of the issue, I could see a case for wanting
> a release note for this one. I will send another mail message re-stating
> the question you posed on this issue two weeks ago.

Ok I thought I saw someone saying that either checkbox warranted a
release note. But I can change filter to only select those with 'release
note needed'.

Dyre