db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kim Haase <Camilla.Ha...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: some comments on the 10.4 beta distribution
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 15:19:19 GMT
Oh no ... I see the failure too.

I found the problem -- I have incorrect capital letters in a
cross-reference in src/ref/rrefattribstartmaster.dita:

I'm really sorry -- I mostly test on Windows, where the docs build twice
as fast as on my Solaris box (dare I admit?), and where the problem does
not occur. On Solaris I have been doing a sanity test just building the
HTML, and the problem does not occur there either. Now I know to make
sure to build the doc completely on a Unix box before checking in.

I will make the fix. DERBY-3169 is still open for additional changes.

Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:
> Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM writes:
>> Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM writes:
>>> Those instructions are actually a bit terse. The actual wording is
>>> "Also adjust version numbers in documentation by modifying the
>>> appropriate *conrefs.dita files."
>>> There are actually a number of such files
>>> dt136804@khepri32~/derby/docs-10.4$ find . -name '*conrefs.dita'
>>> ./src/ja_JP/getstart/gsconrefs.dita
>>> ./src/ja_JP/conrefs.dita
>>> ./src/pt_BR/adminguide/adminconrefs.dita
>>> ./src/pt_BR/ref/refconrefs.dita
>>> ./src/pt_BR/getstart/gsconrefs.dita
>>> ./src/conrefs.dita
>>> ./conrefs.dita
>>> I assume that only those under src are of interest. Seems only two files
>>> actually conatin the string '10.3':
>>> M      src/conrefs.dita
>>> M      src/ja_JP/conrefs.dita
>>> If that's all that needs to be done, I can check in the change.
>> Actually, I can't because I can no longer build the 10.4 doc branch. I
>> was trying to figure out what had happened, but now svn seems to be
>> down...
> svn is back up and it seems like the following revision introduced the
> problem:
> dt136804@khepri32~/derby/docs-10.4$ svn log -r 641931
> r641931 | chaase3 | 2008-03-27 19:15:04 +0100 (Thu, 27 Mar 2008) | 4 lines
> DERBY-3169: Add documentation for replication
> New files for Admin Guide, Reference Manual, Tuning Derby; modified Derby properties
table in Tuning Guide.
> Do I need a new DITA version or something to build after this?
> The error message I get is:
> /export/home/tmp/derby/docs-10.4/build.xml:196: The following error occurred while executing
this line:
> /export/home/tmp/derby/docs-10.4/build.xml:215: The following error occurred while executing
this line:
> /export/home/tmp/derby/docs-10.4/DITA-OT1.1.2.1/conductor.xml:209: The following error
occurred while executing this line:
> /export/home/tmp/derby/docs-10.4/DITA-OT1.1.2.1/ditatargets.xml:78: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
org.apache.fop.fo.ValidationException: file:///export/home/tmp/derby/docs-10.4/out/ref/refderby.fo:6749:258:
Error(6749/258): fo:basic-link, Missing attribute:  Either external-destination or internal-destination
must be specified.
> Total time: 8 minutes 40 seconds

View raw message