db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Windows directory path in BUILDING.txt
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 13:52:46 GMT
Hi Udai, thanks for investigating this issue.

>      I was Building the Derby on windows machine for which referred
> BUILDING.txt from my ${derby.source}. there was an example in section
> 3.2 (Creating ant.properties) showing how to set j14lib which was like....
>
>                         j14lib=C:\j2sdk1.4.2_10\jre\lib (for windows machine)
>
> but if you do so....you will get error.....

> and if you do    *  j14lib=C:\\j2sdk1.4.2_10\\jre\\lib* (Double slash)
> you won't get this error......I figured that out in minutes but may be
> this could consume time of some newbie like me

That's correct, you may either use the other slash direction
(j14lib=c:/j2sdk1.4.2_10/jre/lib) or the doubled slash as you indicate.

This seems like it could be improved; perhaps you could file a JIRA
request for improvement and attach a patch which makes the instructions
more clear?

thanks,

bryan