db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: Question about generating release notes
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 17:17:00 GMT
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM writes:

> I have not yet looked through all 10.4 issues with a release note, but I
> wanted to do a "dry-run" generation just to check that everything works.
>
> I'm looking at
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ReleaseNoteProcess
>
> where it says:
>
>       Report - Generates two xml JIRA reports:
>
>             fixedBugsList.xml - This is the list of issues addressed by the release
>
>             releaseNotesList.xml - This is the list of issues bearing detailed releaseNotes.html
explanations.

> Just how do I create those two xml files? Do I get them from a Jira
> filter? Or do I need to create them by hand?

So I figured out that the release notes generator expects the type of
xml file you can get from a Jira filter, so I expect that's what I
should do.

But are there pre-defined filters which I should use for
fixed bugs and release note issues, respectively? If not; which criteria
should I use?

And what if an issue is marked with 'Existing Application Impact' ONLY,
and there is no releas note for it? Should it be mentioned somewhere?

--
dt