db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: Preparing to cut the 10.4 branch
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:52:43 GMT
Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hatlen@Sun.COM> writes:

> Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM writes:
>> I did some experimenting, and here are the results:
>> Alt A:
>> With maint=0000001 and beta=true
>> alpha - (635861)
>> Alt B:
>> With maint=0000001 and beta=false
>> alpha - (635861M)
>> Alt C:
>> With maint=1000001 and beta=true
>> beta - (635861M)
>> Alt D:
>> With maint=1000001 and beta=false
>> - (635861M)
>> So I thought alt. A was correct for the period from when the branch is
>> cut up to the point when the first RC is spun (targetted for
>> 2008-04-04), alt. C for the RC and alt. D for the final release.
> The release candidate should not have the beta flag. As long as it has
> the beta flag it can't be released and therefore cannot be a candidate
> for release... :)
>> But based on the comments I take it that I should go immediately to alt.
>> C, and that alt. D should be used for the RC. If someone confirms this
>> I can check in the change to release.properties and update the Wiki.
> Sounds reasonable to me. Although I had expected the last digit to be 0,
> not 1 (we did release and, as far as I remember).

I don't know why it shouldn't be 0. But following the old instructions
on the Wiki (either by running maintversion2props directly, or by doing
ant bumplastdigit in tools/relase, which seems to be doing the same
thing) I ended up with the last digit being 1...

If it should in fact, be 0, then I have to ask that someone tells me
exaclty what to do, step by step, so that I can re-write the Wiki from

View raw message