db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: What is a beta build?
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 16:29:56 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner <djd@apache.org> writes:

> Rick Hillegas wrote:
>> Hi Dyre,
>> I believe that the best distribution would be a release candidate
>> with the beta bit turned on.
> Then it would be a candidate for a beta release. That's certainly an
> option, but if the intention is to produce only a non-beta release
> then calling a beta build a release candidate is confusing.

>From my persepective there is no confusion here. The first release
candidate is scheduled for 2008-04-04 and there will be no release
candidate before that.

I'm talking about a beta BUILD that people can try out while we're
working our way towards the release candidate.

I wanted to know what the community expects to be part of such a
build. E.g.:

- Do the archives need to be signed?
- Should I upload all the files from tools/release, or just a subset?
- Should I generate (unfinished) release notes (or simply use those from
  the last release)?
- Do I need to update the CHANGES file?
- Do I need to update the SQLState documentation?

View raw message