db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: [Db-derby Wiki] Update of "DerbySnapshotOrRelease" by DyreTjeldvoll
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 13:27:51 GMT
Andrew McIntyre <mcintyre.a@gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 7:16 AM, Apache Wiki <wikidiffs@apache.org> wrote:
>>  +
>>  +   /!\ '''Is this still necessary?'''
>>  +
>>  +   {{{cd tools/release
>>  + ant bumplastdigit}}}
>>  +
>>  +   /!\ '''Commit the changed version number here?'''
>>  +
>
> I hadn't caught this question earlier in the previous diffs to the
> release wiki page.

Well, I've put those comments in there more or less as reminders to
myself, but thanks for looking at it. I was thinking about asking for a
review of the changes later, perhaps after the release...

> To answer this question, the process should be:
>
> * update version to reflect proper version for release candidate,
> check it in, run svn update, so that the version reported doesn't
> contain an 'M' or a range
>
> * build release candidate, RC then reflects a specific revision in Subversion
>
> * bump the last digit, and commit the version again so that any
> further changes to the branch are reflected as not being in the RC
> version and sysinfo reports a version that is newer than the RC
> version.

Thanks :)

> There is also a question on the page about running maintversion2props,
> I'm pretty sure the build.xml in tools/release handles this, no?

I think so. At least I noticed that if I deleted
maintversion.properties before building the release artifacts, it seemed
to reappear as part of the build process.

> Dyre, if you didn't need to run it separately, please remove the
> mention of this tool from the page.

Will do. Thanks.

--
dt