db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Junit hang
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 09:05:09 GMT
Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@Sun.COM> writes:

> Thanks, Knut. Increasing the max PermGen size got the tests past the
> out-of-memory-error. They then hung on test case 8515 out of 8520, in
> org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.replicationTests.ReplicationRun_Local_StateTest_part1.
> interrupted the tests with "kill -quit" as you recommended. I'm
> attaching the console output.

Hi Rick,

>From looking at the output, I would guess that one of the replication
tests misses something in the clean-up, and that makes subsequent
replication tests fail or hang.

I think Øystein disabled those tests in revision 635575. Do you still
see the hang after updating your source tree?

By the way, is it normal that a single process has seven threads named
derby.AntiGC? Does that mean that there are seven instances of the
embedded driver in the same JVM?

--
Knut Anders