db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Preparing to cut the 10.4 branch
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:25:56 GMT
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM writes:

> I did some experimenting, and here are the results:
> Alt A:
> With maint=0000001 and beta=true
> alpha - (635861)
> Alt B:
> With maint=0000001 and beta=false
> alpha - (635861M)
> Alt C:
> With maint=1000001 and beta=true
> beta - (635861M)
> Alt D:
> With maint=1000001 and beta=false
> - (635861M)
> So I thought alt. A was correct for the period from when the branch is
> cut up to the point when the first RC is spun (targetted for
> 2008-04-04), alt. C for the RC and alt. D for the final release.

The release candidate should not have the beta flag. As long as it has
the beta flag it can't be released and therefore cannot be a candidate
for release... :)

> But based on the comments I take it that I should go immediately to alt.
> C, and that alt. D should be used for the RC. If someone confirms this
> I can check in the change to release.properties and update the Wiki.

Sounds reasonable to me. Although I had expected the last digit to be 0,
not 1 (we did release and, as far as I remember).

Knut Anders

View raw message