db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Junjie Peng" <pjj.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: please tell me emails of the two mentors for GSOC
Date Sun, 23 Mar 2008 14:06:39 GMT
   Oh, I got it! Thank you, Kathy! Nice to hear from you! I enjoy unit
testing in my development. It's a good way to look inside a project, and
take knowledge of the framework.
   Below are questions about GSOC:
   1. The task "Convert Derby tests to JUnit and fix Derby bugs " comprises
two parts, what are the weight for each of them?  Does it mean that
converting is just a lightweight task, so should be complemented by the
second task?
   2. Weather the converting task only contains "converting old tests to
JUnit "in the page http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTesting ?
   3.  What should I do is just converting or including writing some new
test case?
   4. I've seen some coverage report about Derby test. Is there some
automatic tool to do this? Or should we develop one?
   5. As for bug-fixing, I feel a puzzle. It seems hard to choose some bugs
to fix for a stranger, I'm not sure about which are suitable for me and the
workload of fixing the bugs. Must I choose the bugs before I apply?