db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse plugin
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 13:59:02 GMT
On 3/19/08, Dyre.Tjeldvoll@sun.com <Dyre.Tjeldvoll@sun.com> wrote:
> Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I do wonder, whether the core plugin.xml has a problem as it doesn't
> > mention derbyrun.jar, although it is included...Maybe that was an
> > oversight from when derbyrun.jar was added to the plugin? If we fix
> > this, we will have to regenerate the core plugin. I think the release
> > candidate will be soon enough for that.
>
> Now that I've been through the process I don' mind spinning another beta
> :) Just let me know...
>

> --
> dt

I really don't think it's necessary to make another beta.

I tried to figure out where this change of including derbyrun.jar came
from, and it's because in the top level build.xml we're specifying
derby*.jar (excluding derbyLocale* and derbyTesting.jar). So when
derbyrun was invented, it got included automatically. However, the
core plugin.xml gets generated during the build by
org.apache.derbyBuild.eclipse.DerbyEclipsePlugin (source under
java/build), which doesn't add derbyrun to the list of jars.

I'm not sure if we should exclude derbyrun.jar from the build process
so it doesn't get into the core plugin, or add it to the core plugin's
plugin.xml. The plugins were not designed to have it in, the plugin
documentation probably doesn't mention it. But maybe it should be
included and documented.
I'll do some further thinking about how one would use derbyrun.jar
from within eclipse, if anyone has an opinion? For now, I'm inclined
to think we should exclude derbyrun.jar in build.xml...

Myrna