db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Db-derby Wiki] Update of "DerbySnapshotOrRelease" by DyreTjeldvoll
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 19:08:46 GMT
On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 7:16 AM, Apache Wiki <wikidiffs@apache.org> wrote:
>  +
>  +   /!\ '''Is this still necessary?'''
>  +
>  +   {{{cd tools/release
>  + ant bumplastdigit}}}
>  +
>  +   /!\ '''Commit the changed version number here?'''
>  +

I hadn't caught this question earlier in the previous diffs to the
release wiki page.

To answer this question, the process should be:

* update version to reflect proper version for release candidate,
check it in, run svn update, so that the version reported doesn't
contain an 'M' or a range

* build release candidate, RC then reflects a specific revision in Subversion

* bump the last digit, and commit the version again so that any
further changes to the branch are reflected as not being in the RC
version and sysinfo reports a version that is newer than the RC
version.

There is also a question on the page about running maintversion2props,
I'm pretty sure the build.xml in tools/release handles this, no? Dyre,
if you didn't need to run it separately, please remove the mention of
this tool from the page.

Thanks,
andrew