db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Testing
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 20:09:22 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:
> Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:
>>
>> I have added a disclaimer next to the download link on the Wiki. I can
>> remove it if/when two additional PMC members give their approval.
>>
> I think you'd still have to have a formal vote with the 7 day minimum
> like Jean says. Still might be worth it.  Users can be vetting the
> beta while we still go ahead with the release candidate for
> development testing.  Showstoppers found in either one can trigger a
> new candidate.
>
> Kathey

I posted a note that changes the topic to "Availability of build
candidates for testing  ( Was Re: Testing)".

I believe a link on the wiki to the build candidate (in Dyre's apache
account) is fine, especially with Dyre's disclaimer. But we cannot put
that link on the formal project website (db.apache.org/derby).

But if anyone disagrees with me, please speak up!

 -jean