db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Availability of build candidates for testing ( Was Re: Testing)
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 20:06:11 GMT
I'm renaming this thread because 2 years from now we'll search for this
topic and won't find it with the "Testing" topic. The topic surfaced in
November 2006. Here's the start of that thread:

http://www.nabble.com/new-release-policy-requires-changes-on-Derby-site-to7387188.html

Based on that discussion, the project website (db.apache.org/derby) was
reorganized. Information about source was split off the derby-downloads
page and into a new dev/derby_source.html page. In other words, we
clearly distinguished between information for users and information for
developers.

The wiki is not the formal derby project website. It's a sandbox for
collaboration. Even so, it clearly separates information for users from
information for developers. I don't have a problem with a link to a
download being on the wiki, but we clearly can't put it on the project
website.

Dyre, I think your disclaimer on the wiki [1] is excellent to keep as a
reminder to anyone who downloads it that it is not a formal release.

 -jean

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenFourRelease