db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Testing
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:39:35 GMT
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:
> Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> writes:

>>> Lazy consensus never applies to a release (whether beta or not).
>
> I respect the Apache process, but I must say that I'm very skeptical
> about adding yet more red tape to the release process...

It's not more red tape, it's a process where the end release is a beta
release instead of a non-beta release. if you don't want to produce a
beta release then don't do it, it's up to you as a release manager.

>> I think the bar can be lower  and the voting period shorter for beta
>> though.  I think three +1 PMC votes based on informal testing would be
>> ok.  I'd be willing to vote +1 for your release as beta, based on the
>> compatibility testing I did.
>
> Thanks Kathey.
>
> I have added a disclaimer next to the download link on the Wiki. I can
> remove it if/when two additional PMC members give their approval.

No, I think you would need to call for a vote for it to be an official
release, and the release artifacts would need to be signed etc.

Dan.