db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Testing
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 16:54:40 GMT
> Just to be clear there is no 10.4 release until a vote occurs. A while
> back there was an ASF mandate that only PMC approved releases could be
> visible to users, e.g. on download pages etc.

Oops! Thanks Dan. As soon as I sent my message I remembered that
discussion, and you're of course exactly right.

Does the link on http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenFourRelease
violate this policy? That is, were we supposed to have held a PMC
vote before making the 10.4 candidate bits even this visible?

I think there was some distinction in the Apache policy regarding
"visible to developers" versus "visible to users", right?

thanks,

bryan