db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Vemund Ostgaard <Vemund.Ostga...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: HTML reports now available for any ant junit test run
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:31:14 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
>> I made a simple change to build.xml to separate out the junit HTML
>> report generation from junitreport which always ran junit-all.
>>
>> The new target junit-html can be included as the last target in any
>> junit ant run to produce an HTML report of all the tests run in that
>> ant invocation.
>>
>> E.g.
>>
>> ant junit-clean junit-system-mini-codeline-jars junit-html
>
> This needs a little more work, if a target fails before junit-html
> then junit-html is never executed and hence no report. E.g. due to these:
>
> <fail if="tests.failed">Tests Failed!</fail>
>
> Really need fail if "tests.failed" AND junit-html is not present
> (another possibile check is "and not the last target"). No idea if
> this can be done in ant though. junit-html itself contains the fail
> test which would then cause the build to fail correctly after
> generating the report.
I had the same problem with the emma-targets, as mentioned in
DERBY-3445. If there is no elegant way to solve this in ant, I guess it
is possible to just restructure the targets so that only the "top level"
targets, intended to be executed directly by a user, use

<fail if="tests.failed">Tests Failed!</fail>

These targets would mostly have no logic, just use "internal targets"
and add the fail command. All the logic that is in the current top level
junit- related targets could be moved to various internal targets that
would not fail the build even if a test failed. These would be used by
the top level targets and not intended for direct use.

Vemund