db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Nielsen <Thomas.Niel...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Feature description in release notes
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:46:31 GMT
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:

> <li>SQL ROW_NUMBER function, as described in the SQL 2003 standard
> section 6.10. (The ROW_NUMBER() <em>window</em> function, as described
> in section 7.11 is not implemented)</li>

IMHO this is sligthly misleading.

Section 6.10 describes <window function> in SQL2003, and ROW_NUMBER()
*was* the part of 6.10 we implemented, and only for an empty, inlined
<window specification> defined in 7.11.

Even though <window specification> is defined in 7.11, I would even say
we have partial support for 7.11 <window clause>.

It would probably be more correct to change this paragraph to something
like:

<li>SQL ROW_NUMBER() window function, as described in the SQL 2003
standard section 6.10, for an empty, inlined window specification. The
<em>window clause</em>, as described in section 7.11 is not
implemented</li>.

Thomas
--
Thomas Nielsen