db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: GSoC
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:54:13 GMT
Erlend Birkenes wrote:

> I have downloaded and built the source and have the tests running at home
excellent!

> What i would like now is to get in touch with the mentors and discuss
> what tasks I might be able to work on this summer
> and start sketching a plan and timeline for my application. I will
> take a look at the buglist later today and try to get an
> overview.

You can reach me at kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net if you have specific
questions about your application.
> Some questions that I have for now:
> How many students do you plan to take on? Is there work for more than one?
I plan to take on two. I am not sure about how many Myrna plans to
take.  Hopefully we will
get more mentors to volunteer.
> Are there other tasks that you would like done, besides converting
> tests and bugfixes?
I think for the students I mentor that's about it except for maybe some
minor supportability improvements.  Perhaps if there is a more
substantial development project that catches your
interest, you could mention it here and someone will volunteer to mentor.

> When are the mentors mostly online? I guess the mentors are americans
> so there will be some time-difference, but judging by names
> there seems to be quite a lot of norwegians (or at least
> scandinavians) here as well. Thats good! :-)

I am in PST, but tend to work early and take off a bit early in the
afternoon.  I will try to make myself more available on IRC when I am
on-line.

> Well, thats it for now. I hope we will see much more of each other.

Yes and remember regardless of whether you are accepted into Google
Summer of Code, we always welcome new developers here, so I hope you
stick with Derby with or without GSOC.

Kathey