db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Feature description in release notes
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:02:55 GMT
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:
> The release notes should include a brief description of new
> features. This is what I currently have for 10.4, (based on
> descriptions from the 10.4 Wiki
> (http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenFourRelease#head-7b1576a303d753868f1f62423ac5cbbd8bc78dcc)):
<snip>
> <li>JMX management interface.</li>

Are you looking for something like the information in the "new features" table
in the 10.3.1.4 release notes [1]?
If so, I would like to call this feature "JMX monitoring and management
interface", and to use a more user friendly description:

"Java Management Extensions (JMX) for Derby, allowing local and remote
monitoring and management of a running Derby system (this release includes a
basic set of MBeans - it is expected that more JMX functionality will be added
in later releases)."

I updated the wiki page with these changes. Feel free to suggest different wording.

--
John