db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: IJ always returns 0 with sql script as argument
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2008 13:23:15 GMT
Mayuresh Nirhali wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried following simple command with ij and it seems IJ always
> returns 0.
>
> % java -cp $CLASSPATH -Dij.protocol=jdbc:derby:
> org.apache.derby.tools.ij test_create.sql           ij version 10.5
> ij> --
>
> CREATE TABLE my_schema (
>    version VARCHAR(32)
> );
> IJ ERROR: Unable to establish connection
> ij> % echo $?
> 0
> %
>
> Isnt this a bug ?
> Or I must be missing something really basic here ? :-p
>
> Mayuresh
Hi Mayuresh,

The Tools Guide doesn't say what ij's behavior here should be. At least,
I can't find any description. The description of the "exit" command
doesn't mention this issue. Neither does the "Running ij scripts"
section. The "exit" command itself doesn't take a status code argument.
Have you found some text in the Tools Guide which indicates that this
behavior is defined?

Thanks,
-Rick