db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Google summer of code
Date Sun, 23 Mar 2008 17:37:39 GMT
thinking outloud wrote:
> Hi all
>
> My name is Khaled Essghaier i am a student in computer science from
> Tunisia in north Africa
> i really don't know if this is the right place to say it but i am
> considering to apply to GSOC his year, and i really don't know how to
> contact the mentors.
This is the right place.
> Actually i had a question i am wondering if a student with no further
> experience in unit testing is eligible to apply for the project ?
> i started learning the Java language a couple of months ago and now i
> am working in a project dealing with java (of course) BPEL (for
> business process execution language) and formal methods (Petri nets
> specifically).
> And since i am planing to learn some unit testing this summer (with
> JUnit) any way (with or without gsoc) i thought it will be great to be
> accepted and to contribute to the Derby DB.

Please include in your application the programming experience you do
have.  I think it is possible to contribute at any skill level, but it
will just come down to how many student applicants we have vs mentors
(right now only 2).   Even if you are not accepted to the program, you
are still welcome on the project this summer.  You may be interested in
this thread for tips on getting started.
http://www.nabble.com/please-tell-me-emails-of-the-two-mentors-for-GSOC-to16230080.html

Kathey