db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: What is a beta build?
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 16:53:50 GMT
I'd say...
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:

> - Do the archives need to be signed?

no because it is not going to the mirrors.
> - Should I upload all the files from tools/release, or just a subset?

all if it's not too much trouble.
> - Should I generate (unfinished) release notes (or simply use those from
>   the last release)?

It would be most useful to have unfinished release notes, but if it
holds up the beta we could
just point folks at a JIRA query.

> - Do I need to update the CHANGES file?

Would be nice, but not required.
> - Do I need to update the SQLState documentation?

Would be nice but not required.
> Thanks,

I agree with Rick that it would be good for the beta to look as much
like the release as possible,
but not at the cost of delaying the beta build too much.  Even just
making jars available to users
and pointing to the online doc would be a sufficient beta if the rest is
too much work.

Kathey