db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Test & Fix Derby For GSoC
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 12:25:57 GMT
Vemund Ostgaard wrote:
> Narayanan wrote:
>> Suran Jayathilaka wrote:
>>> My goal will be to contribute towards both converting Derby tests to
>>> JUnit and fixing as many bugs as possible.
>>
>> Welcome to Derby :)
>>
>> The following web pages may help you get started:
>>
>> - Top level community page: http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_comm.html
>> - Page for new developers:
>> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ForNewDevelopers
>> - Wiki for Derby contributors: http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/
>>
> With regards to junit testing you should take a look at this page:
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTesting
> You will find sections devoted to junit testing of Derby and the
> junit-conversion efforts.

I don't know if the wiki is 100% up to date regarding the status of the test
converstion effort, but whenever you are in doubt, don't be afraid to ask on
this mailing list.

Any bug fixing efforts will also be very much appreciated. We are getting close
to a new feature release, so here's a reference to a thread discussing the 10.4
bug fixing efforts:

http://www.nabble.com/10.4-bug-fixing-td16017362.html

--
John