db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Latest javadoc not on web-site
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 21:26:30 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 12:03 PM, Dyre Tjeldvoll <Dyre.Tjeldvoll@sun.com> wrote:
>> Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
>>  > The last update to the javadoc on the web-site seems to be 22-Feb-2008.
>>  >
>>  > http://db.apache.org/derby/javadoc/publishedapi/
>>  >
>>  > I know there was an issue with javadoc creation, but I thought it was
>>  > fixed.
>>  >
>>  > Where can I look to see what's failing, I couldn't quickly find any
>>  > explanation of how this javadoc appears.
>
> I've been copying the doc builds with a scheduled process on a machine
> of mine to people.apache.org using scp. It would be hard to share
> failure information publicly because it would mean copying it off the
> private machine, and if it's the copy process itself that is broken
> then that's not really possible. :-)

I think we need to move away from this model, having an individual
updating the Derby web-site in a manner that's impossible for other
community members to get involved to fix or improve it.

Having ones own setup and pointing to it from the Derby site (like the
Sun & IBM test runs) seems ok, on-site content seems not.

The solaris zones sound like the best approach.

Dan.