db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Junit hang
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:12:25 GMT
Dyre Tjeldvoll wrote:
> Rick Hillegas wrote:
>> I would appreciate people's advice about how to track down a hang in
>> the Junit tests. I have added a new test case to TableFunctionTest.
>> When I execute the test standalone, it runs fine. When I execute the
>> surrounding suite, everything succeeds also. However, when I run the
>> full set of junit tests, the run hangs in a later suite.
>
> Have you verified that you are not seeing the same timeout problem
> related to the new JMX test which Mike mentioned?
>
> Dyre
Thanks, yes, I'm confident it's not that issue. In my sandbox I removed
the extra test case (retaining the changes to the engine itself) and ran
the junit tests successfully.

In the meantime, I have run the suite under the swing runner. I see that
I'm getting an out of memory error in the replication tests. That
puzzles me because I boosted the memory which I gave to the tests to
start out with.

Regards,
-Rick