db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Junit hang
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 16:50:50 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> I would appreciate people's advice about how to track down a hang in the
> Junit tests. I have added a new test case to TableFunctionTest. When I
> execute the test standalone, it runs fine. When I execute the
> surrounding suite, everything succeeds also. However, when I run the
> full set of junit tests, the run hangs in a later suite. I tried
> increasing the memory given to the testrun, but this does not fix the
> problem. I would appreciate:
> 1) advice about how to instrument the test run so that I know which test
> case I'm hanging in

Use any test runner apart from the textui one, that one is really the
most basic with little helpful information. The swingui one indicates
which test is running and shows which have passed or failed so far.
Similar for the junit runner in eclipse. Also now suites.All can be run
using ant, via the junit-single target. I haven't tried the latter but
running through ant retains a lot of information.

> 2) random theories which may occur to you
> This is how I run the full suite:
> java -Xmx600m
> -DderbyTesting.oldReleasePath=/Users/rh161140/derby/upgradeReleases
> junit.textui.TestRunner org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.suites.All

View raw message