db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Junit hang
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 16:39:56 GMT
I would appreciate people's advice about how to track down a hang in the
Junit tests. I have added a new test case to TableFunctionTest. When I
execute the test standalone, it runs fine. When I execute the
surrounding suite, everything succeeds also. However, when I run the
full set of junit tests, the run hangs in a later suite. I tried
increasing the memory given to the testrun, but this does not fix the
problem. I would appreciate:

1) advice about how to instrument the test run so that I know which test
case I'm hanging in

2) random theories which may occur to you

This is how I run the full suite:

java -Xmx600m
-DderbyTesting.oldReleasePath=/Users/rh161140/derby/upgradeReleases
junit.textui.TestRunner org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.suites.All

Thanks,
-Rick