db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dyre Tjeldvoll <Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [Db-derby Wiki] Update of "DerbyTenFourRelease" by DyreTjeldvoll
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 21:39:20 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

>> The following page has been changed by DyreTjeldvoll:
>
>    || SQL Roles || Most of feature T331 and parts of T332 ||
> [https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2207 DERBY-2207] ||
> Postponed ||
>> - || System privileges || Restrict who can shutdown engines and create
>> databases|| [https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2109
>> DERBY-2109] || In progress ||
>> + || System privileges || Restrict who can shutdown engines and create
>> databases|| [https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2109
>> DERBY-2109] || Postponed ||
>
> Dyre, as release manager do you have any plans in the 10.4 branch for
> the code that was committed as part of DERBY-2109?

I thought the comments in DERBY-3495 meant that the committed code
wasn't enabled yet.

> I think it implements requiring authentication for server shutdown,
> which won't appear in any release notes unless a separate issue is
> created for it (and marked fixed).

The description of DERBY-3495 says:

"The integration of most files of patch DERBY-2109-12 (revisions 632419,
632452, 632502) left commented out the actual checks for shutdown and
create database authorization."

But I did not review any of these patches so I don't know...

If visible changes are still enabled, I agree that we need make sure
that an appropriate release note is generated (or check in a
disabling-patch on the branch as will be done for the Roles work).

Dyre