db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: "ant javadoc" on trunk?
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 08:56:55 GMT
Army wrote:
> Narayanan wrote:
>>> I just let it stay and went to make my cup of coffee and on returning
>>> I found this (about half an hour I guess)
>>>
>>> [javadoc] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
>
> [snip]
>
>> It just keeps going, I am continuously getting

> Okay, that corresponds to what I see on one of my test machines, as
> well.  So this does not appear to be a problem with me
> specifically...(whew).
>
> Thank you very much for taking the time to verify!  I'll wait a short
> while to see if anyone on the list points out something that might
> resolve this; if not, I guess I'll file a Jira for it...

I see that some of the javadoc targets in build.xml include:

additionalparam="-J-mx320M"

The javadoc build works for me when I add this to the "testing-javadoc" target
as well. A quick look with JConsole indicates that the testing-javadoc JVM needs
about 86 MB of heap space (on many systems the default is 64 MB).

--
John