db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "abhilash tg" <abhi.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Google summer of code-derby-testandfix
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2008 07:32:32 GMT
Hi,

 I'm Abhilash T.G. I'm currently pursuing my third year bachelors degree in
computer science and engineering at Amrita University, India. I'm familiar
with contributing to opensource and have contributed significantly for the
Sun Microsystem's Code for freedom contest(OpenSolaris and Apache Derby ).

http://in.sun.com/communities/univ/codeforfreedom/winners.html
My name is Abhilash T.G

 I have experience in developing applications in j2ee and my project was
judged among the top five in IBM's The Great Mind Challenge. I am a very
quick learner.Since I'm already familiar with bug fixing i feel i will be a
right person to do it. Besides I will be able to work about 8-10 hrs from
May 15th. I would love to work on fixing bugs in derby and also take up some
enhancements posted in the jira.
  I had downloaded the code for Derby via SVN and then did a full compile
and build the source code. I also did some documentation work to share it
with my friends.  had attended the Sun Tech Days'08 at Hyderabad which gave
me an opportunity to meet and interact with people working with OpenSource.
I am also the founding members of the Sun Club at our campus aimed at
promoting OpenSource technologies like Opensolaris, Netbeans, GlassFish,
Derby, OpenPortal, OpenJDK, OpenOffice etc. I  would love to carry forward
the work i done for Sun Code for freedom.

regards
Abhilash