db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Bassel Kh" <bassel.khash...@sphere.ae>
Subject Derby backup
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2008 04:17:05 GMT
Hello,

I'm using Derby 10.3.2.1, I should regularly create online backup with log
archiving, so I created the following method:

          private void createBackup(String dbName, Connection
connection)throws Exception{

                    try {

                             SimpleDateFormat todaysDate = new
java.text.SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd-hh-mm.ss");

                              String backupdirectory = "backup/" + dbName +
"/" + todaysDate.format((java.util.Calendar.getInstance()).getTime());

                              LOG.trace("Trying to backup the DB " + dbName
+ " at " + new Date());

                              CallableStatement cs =
connection.prepareCall("CALL
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE_AND_ENABLE_LOG_ARCHIVE_MODE(? , 0)");

                              cs.setString(1, backupdirectory);

                              cs.execute();

                              cs.close();

                              LOG.trace("Done at " + new Date());

                   } catch (Exception e) {

                             LOG.error("Unable to backup the database "
+dbName , e );

                   }

          }

Note:

I have 3 databases running on embedded mode.

This method is called everyday night, I have a huge historical data being
saved all the times.

But after couple of days I checked the log, the backup failed to create a
new backup & the database got corrupted!!!

Did I do anything wrong? Or miss something,

Kindly advice

Best regards

Bassel