db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: Impending release branch cut; how to mask unifinished roles feature
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:14:52 GMT
Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@Sun.COM> writes:

> This ought to work even if you decide to sand down the catalog support
> for 10.5. You'll just have to supply 10.4->10.5 upgrade logic to morph
> the catalogs into their final form.

I agree.

> Then there's the issue of the 10.4 upgrade tests for the roles
> catalogs. I think it's good to have some logic in there which verifies
> that the 10.4 catalogs look right. You can verify their shape I
> suppose. But, having short-circuited the roles syntax, you won't be
> able to test-populate the catalogs.

Correct, I have disabled the roles fixtures in Changes10_4 for roles
in the "mask roles feature" patch I am readying.  The shape is also
being tested for new (10.4) databases in SystemCatalogTest, no need to
roll that back I think. But it may be good to add such tests to
Changes10_4, as well, although I am not sure it yields more than
verifying that hard upgrade actually adds SYSROLES (shape is tested by
SystemCatalogTest and generic code (upgradeMakeCatalog) is used to
create SYSROLES).

View raw message