db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Branching and release.properties
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 16:36:51 GMT
Looking ahead to the upcoming branching for 10.4, I have some questions
to the instructions at

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySnapshotOrRelease

The text instructs you to "edit tools/ant/release.properties". But this
file does not exist, but tools/ant/properties/release.properties
does. I'm I correct in assuming that there is a typo in the text?

Also, the wiki page only mentions changes to this file on TRUNK. Does
that mean that the release.propertes NOW found on trunk, should be
copied as is to the branch and remain unmodified until the first relase
candidate is created? The text talks about "zero out the maint property
and ensure that the beta flag is set to true". That is already true on
trunk and doing svn copy will not change that. So is there an implicit
intermediate step here where these properties are modified on trunk
before cutting the branch?

I guess we will need a 10.5 release in Jira after this. Do I have the
necessary karma to add this, and if so, how do I do it? I'm assuming
this can be done before actually cutting the branch?

--

Dyre Tjeldvoll