db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 10.4 Feature Freeze
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:29:04 GMT
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM writes:

> ... is fast approaching (2008-02-29)
>
> Is this still a reasonable date, or should we consider delaying it?
>

> Here is the current status (based on what I know):
[...]
> Buffer manager           On track

Hi Dyre,

The code for the buffer manager has been in the repository for quite
some time now, but it has not yet been enabled in
modules.properties. Øystein has reviewed the code and suggested some
improvements. I'll probably not have the time to make all the changes
Øystein suggested before the feature freeze date, but since the
improvements are mainly reorganizing some methods and improving the
comments, I think we could just as well enable it now before the
improvements have been made. I have just asked about it on JIRA, and
I'll wait until someone says go ahead before I enable it.

--
Knut Anders