db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Mamta Satoor" <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Commit/rollback inside Java procedures using nested connection.....
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 21:13:36 GMT
Hi,

I am probably reading this out of context, but I see following in
Derby Developer's guide, section "Database-side JDBC procedures using
non-nested connections". It has following blurb
*******************************
You can invoke the procedure in an SQL statement such as the following:
CALL MYPROC()
Note: You cannot roll back this statement, because commits occur
within the procedure itself. Procedures that use nested connections,
on the other hand, are not permitted to commit or roll back and can
therefore be rolled back after the calling statement.
*******************************

This seems to say that commit/rollback are not allowed when using
nested connection inside of a Java procedure.

I don't see Derby enforcing that. I have written tests recently where
I test rollback inside of Java procedures with nested connections(One
eg would be LangProcedureTest.rollbackInsideProc)

So, my question is do we have an issue here in Derby code or is the
documentation incorrect?

Would be interested in knowing other people's interpretation of Derby
doc in this area.

Mamta