db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Mamta Satoor" <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r627673 - /db/derby/code/trunk/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/lang/LangProcedureTest.java
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 17:00:58 GMT
I will soon make a checkin for the resultset from the procedure which
shows that in trunk, after checkin 602991 for DERBY-1585, a procedure
does not return a resultset if there was a rollbck inside the
procedure with resultset creation before rollback. This behavior is
different than what happens in 10.2 codeline. In 10.2, a procedure
will return a *closed* resultset if there was a rollback inside the
procedure. From Dan's earlier comment in this thread([Note a procedure
does not return closed result sets]), it appears that trunk is
behaving correctly and 10.2's behavior was incorrect.

Mamta

> Dan, you must have read my mind about dynamic resultset in my test
> case. I didn't on purpose add anything for that resultset because I am
> getting ready to file a jira entry for dynamic resultset and rollback
> inside java procedure. A rollback inside proc in 10.1 returns a closed
> dynamic resultset but the same thing in trunk returns a null object
> for dynamic resultset. I think I am very close to finding what commit
> caused this behavior. I need little more time to confirm that and then
> file a jira entry which will modify the test I have added
>
> Mamta
> On 2/14/08, Daniel John Debrunner <djd@apache.org> wrote:
> > mamta@apache.org wrote:
> > > Author: mamta
> > > Date: Wed Feb 13 22:24:50 2008
> > > New Revision: 627673

> > > Log:
> > > DERBY-3304 and DERBY-3414
> > > +            s
> > > +            .execute("create procedure procWithRollback(p1 int) parameter
style JAVA READS SQL DATA dynamic result sets 1 language java external name 'org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.LangProcedureTest.rollbackInsideProc'");