db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Mamta Satoor" <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r618788 - in /db/derby/code/trunk/java/engine/org/apache/derby/impl/sql: conn/GenericLanguageConnectionContext.java execute/BaseActivation.java
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 06:22:10 GMT
I am trying to change the commit comments using
svn propedit --revprop -r 618788 svn:log
But i keep getting
svn: Inconsistent line-endings in source stream

Can someone try to do this for me or tell me what i am doing wrong.

I would like the new commit comments to be
DERBY-3304

This commit addresses two issues.

First of all, it cleanups up reset method in BaseActivation which was
doing more than just bringing the Activation back
to pre-execution state. The method had to make itself aware of
holdability and what
kind of resultset it was dealing with
before closing or clearing the row of the resultset. The reason for
this behavior
is commit code path was relying on
Activation.reset to do more than just bringing the activation to
pre-execution state.
 I fixed this by moving this code
from BaseActivation.reset to GenericLanguageConnectionContext.resetActivations.

Additionally, in the new code in
GenericLanguageConnectionContext.resetActivations, I added the code to
not close the

language result sets associated with activations that do not return
rows even if activation may have holdability set to

false. This will ensure that a commit inside a java procedure will not
inadvertantly close the resultset associated with

the java procedure call.

 Additionally, I copied some of the cleanup work(as shown below) from
BaseActivation.reset into
new code in GenericLanguageConnectionContext.resetActivations
   a.clearHeapConglomerateController();
   if (!a.isSingleExecution())
      a.clearWarnings();

This code above was always getting executed at the time of commit
before my commit and because of that, I decided to copy
it in GenericLanguageConnectionContext.resetActivations. If anyone has
any comments on this, please let me know.