db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject minimized DataSourceTest for JSR169?
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 21:42:23 GMT
Hi,

As I was poking at the DataSourceTest recently, I noticed it doesn't
run with JSR169.
I wondered if it would make sense to make a minimalized version -
either to be extended by the DataSourceTest or to be run with JSR169
only.
I played with the idea some and am attaching a patch that has the
tests that *can* run with JSR169. The tests left are:
 - testJira95ds
 - testBadConnectionAttributeSyntax
 - a minimalized version of testAllDataSources,
 - a minimalized version of testDSRequestAuthentication (so minimized
   it doesn't actually do authentication)
 - a minimalized version of testDescriptionProperty
The minimalizing meant removing any reference to DriverManager,
PooledConnectionDataSources, XADataSources, setTypeMap and
setAttributeAsPassword and (most references to) client/server.

I wonder if this test actually adds anything of value, or that we're
really testing this with other tests already run?

Thx
Myrna